How we can help you
North Shore Criminal Law provides a complete criminal law service. This means that we can help you get the best result wherever you are in the legal process, from arrest to appeal. We provide:
- Legal advice about your rights, the strength of the case against you and legal defences available to you
- Legal representation in Court on defended hearings, sentence hearings and appeals, and bail hearings, committal proceedings and jury trials
- Attendance at Police Stations and gaols
- Representation in the Children's Court and at Magistrate's Mental Health enquiries
- Negotiation with NSW Police, Australian Federal Police, ATO, ASIC, Australian Customs and other prosecuting bodies to have some or all of the charges withdrawn
If you have been arrested and are being held at a Police Station or if the Police have asked you to come in for an interview we can:
- Attend the Police Station with you to vigorously assert your rights and to give you advice about your options
- Advise you whether you should take part in an interview with Police (you usually have the right to decline to take part in an interview)
We can advise you about defences which you may have, negotiate with Police, and represent you in Court if you have been charged with offences which include:
- All Driving and Traffic offences, including Drink Driving, Drug Driving Drive Whilst Disqualified/Unlicensed/Suspended, Negligent Driving and License Appeals, habitual traffic offender declarations
- Common assaults, Actual Bodily Harm, Grievous Bodily Harm and Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs)
- Public order offences, such as resisting arrest and offensive conduct
- Damage to Property
- Larceny (eg shop lifting), break Enter and Steal and other property offences
- Drug offences - Possession, Supply and manufacture
- Confiscation of Proceeds of Crime
- Complex fraud prosecutions by the NSW Police, Australian Taxation Office (ATO), Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Breaches of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and breach of Tree Preservations orders
- Prosecutions by the Australian Federal Police in respect to aviation security
- Children's Court proceedings
- Sexual Offences
- Prosecutions by the RSPCA
- Applications under the Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990
- Magistrate's Mental Health Enquiries
- Firearms and prohibited weapons offences
We can represent you if you need to appear in Court.
If you or a friend or relative of yours is in custody, we can prepare a bail application before the Local or Supreme Court and provide strategic advice about when and how the application should be made to maximise its prospects of success.
If you have been convicted of a criminal offence and you wish to appeal the conviction or the severity of the sentence you received we can assist you to prepare the appeal, and appear for you on the hearing of the appeal or instruct a specialist Criminal Law barrister on your behalf.
If you have been charged with an offence, or are seeking further information on a Criminal or Traffic legal matter, call North Shore Criminal Law on (02) 9955 2298 or our 24 Hour Emergency Service on 0400 44 64 24.