You will not be granted a permit to carry a firearm if:
- within 10 years prior to your permit application you were convicted of an offence in NSW or elsewhere
- you are subject to an apprehended violence order or have been subject to an order within 10 years prior to your permit application
- you are on a good behaviour bond in NSW or elsewhere
- you are subject to a weapons prohibition order
- if the Commissioner of Police considers that you are a risk to public safety or that the issuing of the permit would be contrary to the public interest.
Any such grounds put forward for not issuing a permit may also be grounds for suspending or revoking a permit.